Picture this: your fridge is empty. No really, you are completely lacking ingredients except for a few eggs, some pre-cubed sweet potatoes, and a few cans of beans, peas, and water chestnuts from that time you thought you might learn how to make stir-fry.
So you let your creativity take over, you scan the internet for inspiration, and you put it all together in your head: a sweet potato, black bean skillet, with a fried egg on top. And it’s perfect, so you make it for lunch.
Skill Level: Easy peasy
- Make sure to stir the potatoes every minute or so to make sure they’re all coated.
- Tasting them once in a while can only help too.
- You can throw in any spices you think sound good! (But obviously, I’m biased and think the ones I added are perfect.)
- Olive oil
- 1 bag of cubed sweet potato (approx. 1-2 sweet potatoes)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Sriracha also to taste
- Heat the oil and sweet potatoes over a medium flame. Stir the potatoes every minute or so to make sure they cook evenly and are coated in the oil.
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and parsley. The potatoes should be cooked after 20 minutes.
- Drain a can of black beans and stir them into the skillet. Stir for 3-4 minutes until the beans are soft and heated.
- Fry an egg or heat it sunny side up in a separate pan.
- Serve the egg over a base of the beans and potatoes and drizzle sriracha over the plate.