I’ve recently rediscovered the amazing qualities of single-bowl cooking. You know those recipes that you can just take and dump all the ingredients in? No worries about the order, no hefty cleanup. *Sigh* yes, this is how college cooking can be.
So, though I’ve got a mean recipe for a special tuna salad (which I’ll be sure to publish ASAP), I decided to expand my horizons. The original recipe for this dish can be found here.
Skill Level: So easy a college student could do it
Amazingly, this recipe yielded enough for 2 sandwiches and I’m psyched for the leftovers.
- If you’re like me and feel like every day is a Monday, then don’t worry about when you forget the Greek yogurt. It tastes just as good without (but I might go back and add some later to the leftovers just for the experience).
- For a lighter taste, I went with an open face sandwich.
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1/2 an avocado
- As much cilantro as you’d like
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- Your favorite bread
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Spread on bread.
- Smile because there were only 3 real steps and the 3rd step rhymed.