One of my friends’ moms (is that correct grammar?) is famous for making Lulu’s. I hadn’t tried them until about a year ago, but I decided they’d be the perfect addition to my Rosh Hashana college cooking repertoire.
- Approximately 1 large apple will suffice
- 1 average sweet potato should be enough
- 2 average sized carrots did the trick for me
- 1 cup of grated apples
- 1 cup of grated sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of flour (or matzo cake meal which is what she uses)
- 1/2 cup of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of sugar
Mix all ingredients together. Bake covered at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using a muffin tin, the recipe makes 12, bake for 30 minutes.
- If using a casserole dish, bake for 45 minutes.
Take off foil and bake at 350 degrees for an additional 15 minutes.