If you’re looking for a beautiful, well balanced, salad with a bissel dairy, look no further. I can’t rave enough about this salad. I served this as the third dish in the Italian Shabbat dinner trio (along with the Lemon Garlic Parmesan Linguine and the Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms) and it was the perfect way to complete the meal.
The original recipe can be found here.
- If you aren’t a fan of sweet things for dinner (like my dad), taste the dressing before deciding whether you want it on all your salad…
- …OR, serve it on the side for whoever wants…
- …OR, just put less of it in.
For the Salad:
- 2 cups of red grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes) cut into halves
- 2 cups of yellow grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes) cut into halves
- 2 avocados, diced
- 8 oz. of small mozzarella cheese balls
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- salt (if you so desire)
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl EXCEPT for mozzarella balls.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and add in the mozzarella balls afterwards (this should keep the cheese from browning too much).