Time for an unpopular opinion: I don’t like marinara sauce. I used to not like pizza, but we remedied that. However, I still don’t like spaghetti in any sort of tomato sauce, so this recipe was the perfect solution. My family got the Italian dinner they were craving, and I got the Italian dinner I wanted to eat.
The original recipe was a Pinterest find (shocker, if you know me) and can be found here.
Skill Level: Basic
- I used a bit of canola oil in addition to the olive oil…by accident. However, it actually turned out really well. So if you don’t have enough olive oil on hand, no worries.
- I also totally forgot to reserve the pasta water, so here’s proof that the recipe will still taste darn good without it. No worries, we all mess up.
- If you do forget the pasta water, do what I did and just increase the oil a bit.
- I didn’t use fresh parmesan cheese and it still turned out really well.
- 16 oz. of linguine
- 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic (or more)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice (it makes all the difference)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Cook the linguine the way you would normally cook it.
- Before draining it, don’t forget to reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate pan and add the garlic.
- In a bowl, mix the pasta, garlic and oil, lemon juice, pasta water and parmesan.
- Garnish with parsley if you so choose