A truly easy and yet still impressive and delicious side dish is coming your way! If you like mushrooms, garlic, or roasted vegetables, your life is about to get even better. The author of the blog I found this original recipe on was as excited (if not even more excited) about the existence of this dish, so I hope you enjoy too!
I served this dish for Shabbas dinner with Tomato Basil Avocado Mozzarella Salad and Lemon Garlic Parmesan Linguine.
Skill Level: Basic
- Read all the instructions first, I messed up by not knowing I had to baste (but thankfully I had mom to catch my mistake).
- If you like garlic, go REALLY heavy on the garlic. You can never have too much garlic. Never.
- Make sure to get the garlic actually on the mushrooms rather than in the pan. The garlic provides for a lot of the flavor.
- This recipe can totally be pareve, Earth Balance came in handy again.
- 1/4 cup of butter (or butter substitute)
- 4 cloves of garlic (or a few heaping spoonfuls of minced garlic)
- 16 oz. of mushrooms (not chopped or sliced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter and garlic together in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds but note that some butter substitutes take longer to melt in the microwave.
- Trim the ends of the mushrooms or pull them out with your hands. They usually come out easily!
- Drizzle the garlic butter mixture over all the mushrooms. Make sure most of the garlic ends up inside the mushroom cap.
- Season with salt and/or pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes. Around the halfway mark, baste the mushrooms with butter (we used water) in the bottom of the pan.